303-ho, 40-1, Saessak-ro, Busanjin-gu, Busan, Republic of Korea
Buulgyeong (Busan-Ulsan-Gyeongnam) Branch
is a IDIA regional branch that was established in Busan, Ulsan, Gyeongsangnam-do (Gyeongnam) area, that is to say ‘Buulgyeong,’ in 2010.
As the Buulgyeong Branch members, we have been playing leading roles in the monthly Korean Traditional Culture-Experiencing Events for foreigners. We have also been doing monthly Korean Traditional Culture-Experiencing Events for foreigners involved in volunteer service by introducing them to Korean culture through propagation activities, including interpretation and temple guide services.
Buddhism English Class
Buddhist Temple Culture Guide
Buddhist Temple Culture Guide and Interpretation Service at the Temple Stay Event for the Foreigners
The History of Busan-Ulsan-Gyeongnam Branch of Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism
Jan. 6, 2018 : The 8th anniversary dharma talk assembly of Busan‧Ulsan‧Gyeongnam Branch
– The 9th Branch President: Inauguration of IDI Park Young-do(18th class)
- Our IDIA Branch Office moved to the present office on May 14, 2018.
Jan. 6, 2017 : The 7th anniversary dharma talk assembly of Busan‧Ulsan‧Gyeongnam Branch
– The 8th Official President: Inauguration of IDI Park Young-do(18th class)
- Beomeosa Temple Culture Guide, beginning in May, 2017
- Beginning of the 1st and 2nd elementary Buddhist Eng. Course
Nov. 9, 2016 : The signboard hanging ceremony of the official Busan‧Ulsan‧Gyeongnam Branch Office and the anniversary dharma talk assembly
The signboard hanging ceremony of the official Busan‧Ulsan‧Gyeongnam Branch Office and the anniversary dharma talk assembly, on Nov. 9, 2016
- 2018년 5월14일 : 현위치(부산시 부산진구 새싹로 40-1 303호)로 이전 기념법회
- Nov. 12 ~ Nov. 13, 2016 : Hosting the 1st Culture Sharing Autumn Event
– Successful conduct of Tongdosa Temple and Beomeosa Temple tour, together with the nationwide IDIA members
Jan. 17, 2016 : The 6th anniversary new year(’s) kick-off meeting of Busan‧Ulsan‧Gyeongnam Branch
– The 7th Branch President: Inauguration of IDI Choi Gil-cha(15th class)
Jan. 10, 2015 : The 5th anniversary dharma talk assembly of Busan‧Ulsan‧Gyeongnam Branch and the change of president ceremony
– The 6th Branch President: Inauguration of IDI Choi Gil-cha(15th class)
Jan. 12, 2014 : The 4th anniversary dharma talk assembly of Busan‧Ulsan‧Gyeongnam Branch
– The 5th Branch President: Inauguration of IDI Lee Du-seok(11th class)
- Yearly Activity, starting in May, 2014 : Participation in the Lotus Lantern Festival in commemoration of Buddha’s Coming Day, hosted by Busan Buddhist Association
- Oct. 26, 2014 : Holding Dharma Bell Quiz Contest at Hongbeopsa Temple
Jan. 7, 2013 : The 3rd anniversary regular meeting
– The 4th Branch President: Inauguration of IDI Lee Du-seok (11th class)
Jan. 9, 2012 : The 2nd anniversary regular meeting and the change of president ceremony
– The 3rd Branch President: Inauguration of IDI Lee Du-seok (11th class)
2011 : Busan‧Ulsan‧Gyeongnam Branch of IDIA opened the 1st anniversary dharma talk assembly
– The 2nd Branch President: Inauguration of IDI Park Jong-an(14th class)
2010 : Opening of IDI Training Course
Using Hongbeopsa Temple as our homeground, we publicly opened the IDI Training Course in preparation for the coming IDI exams.
Since then, we have opened the IDI Training Course every year, and have been training the applicants for the exam up to the present.
Beginning in 2017, the training courses for the exam have been going on in our IDIA Branch Office in Seomyeon, Busan.
- 2010 : Producing 3 15th-class IDI members
- 2011 : Producing 4 16th-class IDI members
- 2012 : Producing 4 17th-class IDI members
- 2013 : Producing 7 18th-class IDI members
- 2014 : Producing 3 19th-class IDI members
- 2015 : Producing 6 20th-class IDI members
- 2016 : Producing 2 21st-class IDI members
- 2017 : Producing 8 22nd class IDI members
Jan. 10, 2010 : Establishment of the Busan‧Ulsan‧Gyeongnam Branch of International Dharma Instructors’ Association and the first dharma talk assembly
– The 1st Branch President: IDI Kim Seong-rim(6th class) – 30 members were present
- The Busan‧Ulsan‧Gyeongnam Branch of International Dharma Instructors’ Association was publicly approved, and we proclaimed the birth of our IDIA Branch in the inauguration ceremony, participated by the IDIA Headquarter Members and honored guests.
2009 : The Establishment of Busan‧Ulsan‧Gyeongnam Branch of IDIA
The Busan‧Ulsan‧Gyeongnam Branch was established driven by the great buddhist vow of propagation by a dharma instructor, Lee Du-seok. The 1st class of the international dharma instructors’ training course was started on the 27th of July, 2009, at Hongbeopsa Temple.
Started with eager and sincere faith in Buddhism, the training course was successfully completed. Our branch had the honor of all the applicants'(24 members) passing the international dharma instructors’ exam of Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism on Oct. 25, 2009. And the 14th class certificate of appointment awarding ceremony was held at Jogyesa Temple in Seoul on Nov. 29, 2009.
And so our Busan‧Ulsan‧Gyeongnam Branch came to have 30 IDIA members in total, including the existing 6 IDIA members.
From Sep. 2009 up to the present, our IDIA branch members have been playing the leading role in the Korean Traditional Culture Experiencing monthly Event for the foreigners, conducted by the international section of Hongbeopsa Temple, and our members are also participating in the guide and interpretation activity in the event.
Driven by the sincere Buddhist faith of our former branch president, Choi Gil-cha and our branch IDIA members, we have been doing the volunteer work in the Buddhist propagation events.